Friday 25 March 2016

Have We Lost Our Passion?

I have been longing for today, the biggest event in this university - Pesta Chun - an event that celebrate Chinese New Year of Monkey. At morning rehearsal, first session is for elementary school who willing to perform traditional umbrella dance, I feel so touched when they all dance so glee, a lot of laughter i hear from the audience seat. Unlike what we perform, when we rehearsal, we could hardly hear a laugh, everybody was so stress in deliver perfect performance and make us forget about enjoy. The children they laugh, they smile, they dance so gleeful. I was influence by them and laugh together. I enjoy their performance. This is the real performance! Performance should make audience laugh and become a part of the performer, and drag audience into the world that they want audience to feel. Our performance nearly perfect, I could tell, but i sense something is not right. I can't tell what is wrong, because the performance nearly flawless. Now I can tell, we do not have the spirit inside. The performance like would not appeal audience, even me as a part of the committee cannot feel that pleasant. Have we lost our passion in performance? We lost. We forget out aim and motive. We lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment