Monday 21 March 2016

Complaint After You Know All The Details

I just went back from a rehearsal for a big event held five days after today, and what I am participating is protocol crew, and I am in charge of VIP room plus stage run.

Today I just know there are a lot of complaints about protocol, which others crew show their disapproval over us. Maybe I am a slow catch-up, yesterday plenty people asked me: "Why your group train for so long?", I thought they just show their caring. Ha, what a so-called caring they gave.

What unbearable is, they did complaint, but did not gave specific comment. The only line I heard was "They are not good." Where? What we did until others are not satisfied with us? If want to give comment, please specify it so that we can change. Others might saw what we did not saw, and that is what I want! I want a constructional comment, but not just critic.

They will never know how hard we train. Where are they when we were wearing that stupid high heels and walking around the house like an idiot? Where are they when we training, walking from end to end of the hall for 3 hours non-stop just to keep their ass safe from being critic by VIP and audience? Where are they when we put our task priority our starving stomach?

They will never know how hurt it is when our foot are full of blister, but still need to maintain our smiling face. We cannot even enjoy ourselves in the show, we have to be always prepared. And I, will stay in the VIP room, then backstage. I will not having a chance to watch at the show.

But, what we get? We get complaints, a lot of complaints but same sentence: "They spend a lot of time in training and that is what comes out?"

Please, please please, judge before complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment