Monday 21 March 2016

About Future as Psychologist

Since I miss many important events in my life, and now i am tending to forget all those things, I decided to write it all in a blog, so I can refer it back whenever I want.

Now let's talk about future. Future is unpredictable. I thought I will pass an interview for medicine course, but it wasn't. Instead, I accept offer from UPSI (FYI, it is an educational university), but I won't accept it if I will be a teacher in future. I get Psychology in Hons as open market course.

It really troubles me and make my mood blue for a few days. I never thought I would get this - well, at least I can get pharmacy.

Psychology was my dream before. Yes, was. It was a dream at primary school and lower secondary, but then I see no job vacancy in Malaysia, I immediately get rid it out of my mind.

"What can I do if I become a psychologist? Treat mental illness? Oh for goodness sake, Malaysian tend to search for psychiatrist than psychologist. They can simply cure buy taking pills, rather than bubbling with so-called psychologist. You only spend money on that one hour consultation for chatting." They thought.

I found no bright future when I get the offer, but someone told me, It is great to take your old dream back. Hence, I go without more hesitation. "Nothing worse than now." I think.

I tried to convince myself, as what I used to do, I love psychology. I damn love it. And it worked, as usual.

I still don't know what can I do for my future, but now I do love psychology. It is really amazing (and sometimes upset) when you can know whether the person is lying or not. Or even know what they feel right now. Do they feel nervous? Do they feel irritate? Do they feel offended? When I asked: "Hey, are you telling lies?" they shocked, and most of them after I asked for a few times, they admitted. Sometimes quite sad, but it is okay as you know now who is telling lies to you. You can control the whole thing when you know what they think. And yah, psychologist is not wizard, we can't know a piece without observe. It doesn't comes rolling. STOP SAYING SUCH THINGS like "Oh you can read my mind!" when I tell you I take psychology course. I DO NOT READ YOUR MIND, I observe your behavior.

For now, I only prefer to become a clinical psychologist. I need to further explore before I really decide what I want to be.

Just as my friend, Phang. We chat on messenger just now, and she is on her right path. She passed her dentistry interview, and success to fulfill her dream. But now, she do not want to be a dentist, but a surgeon for oral and neck. She rarely change her mind without certain reason, but if she decided, she will go for it. Her future is predictable, a surgeon, unlike me.

I still does not know much about clinical psychologist, but now I hope, I can be a caring psycologist, that will make my mom proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment