Saturday 2 April 2016

Loveats Cafe

Loveats located at Taman Universiti, Tanjung Malim, which is a favourite spot for students nearby to pick for a dinner or celebrate event.


Unlike other cafe, Loveats mainly serve on burgers. Besides, it also have western cuisine such as chicken/fish/lamb/beef chop or steak. The burger also available in those four meat include a veggie burger.

The design is normal I would say, and the light inside I consider it as slightly dim, but the overall atmosphere is comfortable, and the staff there is helpful too, as long as you ask for service. Basically, the design fulfill what a cafe should look like, and it follow the main stream - woody design.

You will be introduced how to take order by the staff if you are the first time. They are self service cafe (except serving), you need to tick the order list and walk to the cashier to pay. Pay before you eat. Their service speed is moderate. At its peak hour (dinner time, around 6pm), you will have to wait for at least half an hour to get your order.

Right wall
Menu for burger
Left wall
Cashier


Today, I would like to introduce two dishes, one burger and one western cuisine.

For the burger, I ordered fish burger which available in two flavor. One is normal with cheese inside, and other is with their special hot sauce (i did not find any special on that sauce). The fish they use deep fried, but the fish inside is not as dry as I expected. It comes with seasoned steak cut fries and special sauce (looks like thousand island) with a drink when you order it with set (RM 5 added). If order ala carte, the prize around RM8.90 to RM10.90 depends on the burger you order.

Fish burger comes in set
The fish is thick
(Please bear with the quality of the image... I am so lazy to do any edit on it...)

The bread is charcoal bread, and what it differs from the fast food is, the bread is moist and softer, and it taste sweet. The bread indeed add many marks for the whole burger. Inside the burger there is no much mild sauce, so when eating, you will find it is difficult to swallow if you didn't drink any water.

The fries taste great when serve hot.

About the western cuisine, I tried lamb shoulder.

Lamb shoulder
It cannot be classified as steak if it is only this thick


I would like to say, I am not a fan of lamb, as it taste funny every time I ate it. This time, since the lamb shoulder here get quite lots of positive comments, I decided to try it out, and the result was appealing. The meat is tendon, and it does not have the smell that lamb will have. It is well-cooked, and the sauce is black pepper sauce. Eat it while it is hot, because it will turns hard to swallow when cool. The taste is splendid.

The side dishes were incredible too. I like the mashed potato so much, that I even order it if the mashed potato does not included in my set. The potato was serve with mushroom soup, and it cause the potato to taste milder. The corn was brushed with salted butter before steam (is it steam?) and the salad was fresh. Just a little bit comment on the salad... when I first come to the cafe, the cherry tomato I get half of it, but now only a quarter...

Salad
Mashed potato


The most astonishing is I found a surau in here (a place where muslim conduct their prayer)

They open after 5pm, so it can only be a site for dinner.

This cafe I will continue updating. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment